Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NCN Convention

I made it through my first official convention with the National Caricaturist Network. It took place in Raleigh, North Carolina last week. Only a 7 hour drive with Martha and we were there in no time. About 180 caricature artists made it out to draw, network, learn, and compete. I attended extremely informative seminars with Tom Richmond of MAD magazine fame about Caricatures in Humorous Illustration., Caricature 101 with Jason Seiler, and even a drawing from life workshop with Steven Silver! It was announced at the convention that there will be an official name change to... the International Society of Caricature Artists, or ISCA.


A view of the ballroom where we all set up to create all week long.


Marlo and Sean Gardner in prismacolor markers.




Woodcuts!


My woodcut of Mick Cusimano (a fellow NCN member). The print measures 2'x2'. I may someday post on my blog a tutorial of this process.


My wall.


Cut paper of me by Japanese caricature artist Kunikazu.


Friends Roger Hurtado and Emily Anthony. Yeah!!!