Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Recent Commisions

I just finished up this Christmas Card for my future father-in-law's office. It was pretty rushed, but I got to spend a considerable amount of time on it regardless. What helped was that I just bought a new Wacom drawing tablet. My old one busted. Although it was a blessing because now I love this new one. This was my first experiment and I was pleased with the results. I did the initial drawing in pen and ink on bristol board.



Then I digitally colored it in Photoshop. I had fun making the christmas lights.




Later I added text with a greeting and their names.

So this was my second christmas card this year. I had some others interested, but didn't pan out.

I have a huge project I am working on now for a local deli. A poster of all of their employees, 24"x36". There are over 30 people in the drawing. It's taking a lot of time, but I am making the most of it. I will have photos of it once it is complete.